In order to provide a pleasant developer experience, we permit users to upload files and websites using rsync (in addition to WebDAV). Note that SCP is NOT supported or even possible.
Rsync support is extremely experimental (and cantankerous), and may not work how you expect it due to security measures which are implemented on the server side.
- Only offered for developers over SSH (intentional; our repositories sync with maven.org internally and they are our downstream mirrors)
- You can't browse down from a given rsync path (temporary)
- You can't browse up from a given rsync path - eg. /projects/rvm/ (intentional)
- Some options are not permitted for security reasons (intentional - we trust you, but we don't trust everyone else)
- It's only possible to sync the server side repository to match your local area and not the reverse (temporary)
- We do a fair bit of command line mangling internally to verify your request; contact us if things behave oddly